Pregnancy can change a Munster woman’s body, often in ways she does not like, leaving her with a body in which she may feel is unrecognizable. Tummy tucks after a Munster woman has decided not to have any additional children are a popular procedure. But, what if you had a C-Section? Is it safe to get a tummy tuck after a C-Section? Yes, it is! Continue reading as Munster board certified plastic surgeon Dr. Frank of Robert Frank Plastic Surgery discusses the safety of tummy tucks after a C-Section, the benefits they provide and how long you have to wait after your C-Section to get a tummy tuck.
Tummy Tucks After C-Sections Are Perfectly Safe, and Common.
The great news for Munster women is that tummy tucks after C-sections are perfectly safe and extremely common. In fact, many Munster mothers choose to have a tummy tuck after a C-Section to regain their pre-pregnancy body and reduce the scarring from their C-Section procedure.
Tummy Tucks After C-Sections Can Give Munster Women Many Benefits.
Tummy tucks offer Munster mothers a variety of benefits, and this is especially true if you have a C-Section scar. When you get a tummy tuck after a C-Section, you can:
- Remove C-Section scars, which can be above the bikini line, raised or show through clothing; and
- Repair separated abdominal muscles, which is a common side effect of pregnancy;
- Eliminate leftover pregnancy fat;
- Remove loose or sagging skin that won’t tighten up on its own;
- Get rid of stretch marks on your abdomen;
- Contour your belly and waistline to a much more aesthetically pleasing appearance;
- Regain your pre-pregnancy body;
- Regain confidence in your body.
How Long After a C-Section Do You Have to Wait for a Tummy Tuck?
While tummy tucks after C-Sections are perfectly safe, you do have to wait a bit before undergoing the elective plastic surgery procedure. Dr. Frank recommends that you wait 6-12 months after your C-Section to ensure that you have properly healed from that surgery. Wait until your post-pregnancy weight has stabilized, as weight gain after a tummy tuck can also negatively impact your results.
How Do I Know if I’m a Good Candidate for a Tummy Tuck?
There are some factors that make a Munster mother a good candidate for a tummy tuck, including women who:
- Are done having children;
- Are in good overall health;
- Are non-smokers, or quit smoking at least 2 weeks before and 2 weeks after the tummy tuck, as smoking can negatively affect both the tummy tuck procedure and healing process;
- Can take time off of work and have assistance with childcare while recovering from a tummy tuck, as you will not be able to lift your children immediately following a tummy tuck procedure;
- Have realistic goals for the tummy tuck; and
- Are in good psychological health.
How Can I Learn More About Tummy Tucks?
If you have more questions about tummy tucks, especially after C-Sections, then reach out to our Munster offices to schedule a consultation with Dr. Frank, during which you can have all your questions and concerns addressed. To schedule your consultation, call (219) 513-2015 today.