Robert Frank MD Plastic Surgery helps patients who have redundant or poor-quality skin improve the contour of their body. With thigh lift, Munster and Hobart patients can have a slimmer and tighter silhouette*, and the procedure can be combined with other cosmetic surgeries as needed.
When people lose a significant amount of weight—either through diet and exercise or bariatric surgery—they are sometimes left with excess skin around their upper legs. Even liposuction, which focuses on reducing pockets of fat, can leave behind unwanted skin. Dr. Frank’s surgery helps to correct this concern.
Dr. Frank’s Approach to Thigh Lift Surgery
One of the reasons that patients choose our practice is that Dr. Frank takes the time to answer questions and to educate them on what to expect, guiding their decision until they are ready to move forward.
Hobart and Munster-area thigh lift patients attend an initial consultation with Dr. Frank to learn about the procedure and its potential benefits. At the end of the consultation, they receive a comprehensive quote so that there are no hidden costs. In a second, follow-up visit, patients complete consent forms, pre-operative testing, and surgical scheduling.
Thigh lift surgery takes place in a JCAHO accredited surgical facility to ensure high quality of care. In the procedure:
- Patients receive general anesthesia so they are comfortable.
- Dr. Frank makes a vertical incision to reduce excess skin. Years of professional practice have taught him that the vertical approach tends to have fewer complications and a less noticeable scar.
- Dr. Frank may conduct other procedures the patient wants to have during the same surgical session, such as an arm lift or breast surgery. This allows for a single recuperation for multiple procedures.
Recovery from Thigh Lift
Hobart and Munster patients can return home following the procedure. Typically:
- Patients will be out from work for a couple of weeks.*
- Dr. Frank advises those in his care that they will likely have significant swelling, will need to take pain medication, and should wear compression garments to improve recovery.*
- Our practice encourages thigh lift patients to avoid exerting themselves other than getting up and walking around when recovery allows. This helps prevent swelling and blood clots.*
- Dr. Frank holds weekly visits with patients until they have recovered from surgery.
Many patients recognize a huge improvement in their body contour within a month of thigh lift surgery, and most will see their final results in about six months.*
To find out more about improving your body contour with a thigh lift, schedule an initial consultation with Robert Frank, MD Plastic Surgery. We serve patients from Munster, Hobart, Lake County, and Chicagoland. Call our office at (219) 513-2011.
*Individual results may vary